Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Secret Agent Men

Alright you two you need new identities.

Here. You are now Secret Squirrel and Morocco Mole, got that?

Yes Double Q!

You two will fight crime and evil enemy agents, paparazzi and the rest of Hollywood using your cunning and all of your nifty spy gadgets, including a machine gun cane, a collection of guns kept inside Secret's coat, and a variety of devices concealed in your hat SS. Don't take the hat off too much SS, or you identity will be revealed by your distinctive ears.

Yes Double Q.

Morocco Mole keep your glasses on, keep those well know eyes covered or you identity will be blown.


Yes Double Q


Your objective is to battle your recurring arch-enemy, Yellow Pinkie but don't forget about that master criminal Hy-Spy, look out for his hookah a sure sign Hy-Spy is near.

Look Secret the hideaway off the coast, no one will find us there.

You're right Morocco. We need to time put our heads together and figure out a plan.

Double Q?

Yes.

My hat is kind of small.


Sorry MM those are standard size your head must run large.


Double Q are sure this will work? I mean SS and MM, aren't kind of like GG and TT? And this purple hat with my yellowish fur does that seem a little Awful Truth to you?

I don't see a problem with it. Are you saying I'm not Double Q?

Well.... now that you mention it you seem more TC to me.

Top Cat, Secret?

Ahem, we'll just go with that.


And if I press this button Secret what happens then?



OMG Olympic Moment Twofer Tuesday

Weightlifting

An ancient sport as old as mankind, embodying the most direct manifestation of human strength, weightlifting has not only flourished, but also developed into a modern sporting discipline for the 21st century. The apparent simplicity of lifting the barbell from the ground and over the head in one or two movements is deceiving. Weightlifting requires a combination of power, speed, technique, concentration and timing. Super heavyweight lifters normally claim the title of World’s Strongest Man or Woman. However, kilo per kilo, the lightest weightlifter is often the strongest. Men’s weightlifting was on the programme of the first modern Olympic Games in Athens in 1896. Women participated for the first time at the Olympic Games in Sydney in 2000.

OMG's Olympic Take. From the looks of it, it looks like Jake has done some serious weightlifting in the few months to pump up the volume for Dastan. Anyone knows that you can weight lift alone, you always need a good spotter. ; )

Wrestling

If the Olympic Games are a history of mankind, wrestling is the prologue. When the ancient Games of the Olympiad were born, wrestling already was an ancient game. Widely recognised as the world's oldest competitive sport, wrestling appeared in a series of Egyptian wall paintings as many as 5000 years ago. When the Games began in 776 BC, more than two millenniums later, it included wrestling, and, in the years that followed, wrestling featured as the main event.

The sport would return in a similar role when the Olympic Games returned after a 1500-year absence in 1896. Organisers, seeking direct links to ancient times, found a natural in the sport that had enjoyed popularity across much of the ancient world, from Greece, Assyria and Babylon to India, China and Japan. They resurrected Greco-Roman wrestling, a style they believed to be an exact carryover from the Greek and Roman wrestlers of old.

In Greco-Roman wrestling, the wrestlers used only their arms and upper bodies to attack. They could hold only those same parts of their opponents. It worked nicely from a historical perspective, but another breezier style was sweeping across Great Britain and the United States by then. Known as "catch as catch can", it had become standard fare - and popular professional entertainment - at fairs and festivals in both countries.

In 1904, the Olympic Games added the second wrestling event and called it "freestyle". Now, wrestlers could use their legs for pushing, lifting and tripping, and they could hold opponents above or below the waist.

OMG's take. Leaving that all up to guys, leaving it all up to you. ; )

30 comments:

destiny said...

I think wretling just moved to the top of the list of sports I'd most like to see J&A engaged in. And I think Austin would come out on top. ;)

I can't believe we have to wait until November for The Informers. On the other hand, they must have high expectations for it to be releasing it later in the fall.

Wicked said...

if only innocence was forever.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my innocence the least.

Anonymous said...

Wrestling cheer from high school. "Pin him down. Pin him flat. Pin your man to the mat."

Anonymous said...

Just amazing post today! Love the colors too.

Wicked, been readin' your latest comments. You are one classy dame, ya know that? ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the music selection today. The first boy that ever sent my lust raging was a star wrestler in my high school. I was about 15, sitting in class one day, glanced over and looked at his chest and arms and was never the same again. I could not take my eyes off him whenever he was around. All the way up to graduation. Of course he did not reciprocate. I can still picture that body to this day.

Anonymous said...

Secret Squirrel Wiki
She nailed it everything about it.

Clarity said...

"if only innocence was forever."

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my innocence the least."

So true Wicked. So true.

I love the bright colors in your post Special. Very nice : )

Special K said...

Now this is an Olympic Moment!
Male Tandem Rhythmic Gymanastics

Anonymous said...

Gymanastics

you said it baby! woot!!

destiny said...

Very funny about SS having to hide his ears, and your mention of the Awful Truth makes me think of the tag line for the X-Files. We all know the truth is out there somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Ellen and Portia's wedding will be on the cover of People

Anonymous said...

The hat, ears, the glasses, the eyes, the too small hat, the double consonant names, the Awful Truth, TC, "if I press this button", "need to put our heads together" BAHAAAA

Outdid yourself.

destiny said...

That's great about Ellen and Portia being on the cover of People. While I don't usually like to see people using their relationships for publicity, in this case I think it's a case of getting equal treatment. I also suspect they're doing it as a social statement rather than to promote their careers.

Wicked said...

I also suspect they're doing it as a social statement rather than to promote their careers.

Me too! To quote Rick Blaine above, I think Ellen and Portia are classy dames! Thanks for the compliment, BTW.

Anonymous said...

What I said in last blog:

oh if only youth was forever!

ability to love = risk of loss

if only innocence was forever.



Not to go OT but what I meant was how gaining knowledge in love also means being aware of the potential to experience great loss. I wish I didn't know what it was like to lose a bf at 24 from a car accident and another at 30 from cancer. Yes it was great knowing them and they added richness to my life. They have helped me to learn to enjoy every day and that love and time are precious. Those experiences gave me knowledge on how to love and value the people in my life today but that loss of innocence, the feeling that the good times will go on forever and that nothing will ever go wrong or change, was very painful.

Some losses of innocence, like in experiencing the death of a love partner, is something you don't have to be in a hurry for. Maybe some of you are innocent and you don't know it. If you are, I hope you stay that way for a long time.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, brilliant post, Spesh!

Anonymous said...

I was so doing the voices as I read this :)

Special K said...

OK I'll say it
Phelps SI Cover
Does it look like he's wearing a halter that's two sizes too small with those 70's sequins that are 3 sizes too big?

Special K said...

Spooky has a behind the scenes clip of Prayers for Bobby.

Go check it out!

Anonymous said...

I prefer Phelp's Kellogg's Cornflakes box pic - hawt! :)

Anonymous said...

Phelps looks totally drag. A deeper red, a dark wig and he'd be Jake on SNL.

Anonymous said...

Oops black not red!

destiny said...

I totally thought the same thing about Phelps Special! And why would they cover such a nice chest like that.

prairiegirl said...

Swooooooosh. That's the sound of my brain after finishing DD. Sounds like an environmental sounds cd. John from Cincy seems like Gilligan's Island after watching DD.
I'm going to need major interpretative help from the Commentary portion of this dvd. You know what, tho? Jake was absolutely fantastic in this. I wonder how old he was when he did this. He was very young, but he ran quite the gamut of emotions. Why are there so many comments on WFT2 saying he can't act? I think he was utterly impressive.

Love seeing Secret Squirrel! And in such Technicolor, too. Takes one back to the days of Dastardly & Mutley and Rocky & Bullwinkle.

I will, Wicked!

Anonymous said...

I always though it was Secret Asian Man!

prairiegirl said...

secret Asian man, lol! What a funny book that could be written of lyrics that we mis-hear.

Anonymous said...

Jake was 19 when he made DD. And I can't believe you've seen it just now.

Special K said...

Mention of being in 'Nailed' with Jake and Jess
Model a summer hit in NY

prairiegirl said...

And I can't believe you've seen it just now.

I know. Hardly qualifies me for the JG fanclub, does it? But embarrassed as I am to admit it, I will. I've pretty much been strictly a rom/com movie watcher; not too much heavy, contemplative or weepy, unsettling drama experienced here. But willing to start stretching my horizons.

Hey, good morning, Special! : )

prairiegirl said...

Holy cow, and she's 10 years old? She said she was scared but still liked it once she got onstage. Sounds like a little star in the making.
Can you imagine experiencing all that at the age of 10? Been to the big city already and been an extra in the movie, getting a small taste of what it's like to be on the big screen. That is great how she's already thinking ahead of what she could do to start preparing.