Monday, September 21, 2009

If the River was Whiskey

Great minds do think alike and as soon as I saw this promo picture of Austin from the OTH promo over weekend I knew what I wanted to do today. And found out I had the same thought as Spooky over at Austin Nichols Journal, to pop Austin into to fav pictures or backgrounds. And she did a great job. The picture reminded my of paperdolls of I had, there was always one handsome boy in the box. Makes me think the grown up version will have two. So you will see Austin the paperdoll pop up in some interesting places , Whiskey with a twist lets say, in the near future.

Speaking of One Tree Hill. As we know from Austin's interview that things are going to get messy between Julian and Brooke in the future. But for tonight, in "What are you Willing to Lose" it's bliss with for a bit, while they move in together. But Julian's Dad (Gregory Harrison) is back and might throw a monkeywrench (or you Brits, a spanner) in the works. But knowing Papa Baker has to be about business, so will that mean a project he wants Julian to do? Brooke picks the new face for Clothes over Bros, and it might be she just picked her poison (for her love life) in doing so. And the question still begs to be answered what the hell is Julian going to in Tree Hill? Become Tree Hill's resident indie producer? Surf? Skinny dip the day away?

Now must give a huge shout out to Vesperlynd who helps Spooky at AJN, cause girl, you did good, really really good.

What did she do? She found some new pics of Austin, from a photo shoot from Davis Factor. Congrats on the AJN exclusive ladies. I will give a sneak peek of them , but suggest you head over there to check them all out. They're too good not to too.

Wet tee? Austin's must have spent a spring break or two at Padre Island, cause he's got the pose and the look down pat.
Just like a cowboy casting his long shadow in the sparse front, so does Austin in this reinvention of a classic western pose with a nod to 80's LA. And check out those boots! The good guys always wore white, but it was the ones in the black that made things interesting.

Photos: CW/Austin Nichols Journal


A JFC Discussion reminder. We rescheduled the discussion for this Friday at 5pm EST through Saturday. The discussion is on Episode 6: His Visit Day 5. This was one of the best episode of the series and really showed Austin's craft as an actor. Hope you can join us to discuss.


Gold star to the lit major who knows where today's title comes from.

22 comments:

destiny said...

That wet t-shirt picture is amazing. I'm so glad to see Austin is not afraid to give us the shots the fan girls and boys love to see. He knows his audience. ;)

Buckles said...

Note to self: Suggest to Mark that we have a men's wet t-shirt contest for sweeps week and offer to rehearse with Austin.

Special K said...

You think Austin was thinking about the EW cover Jake did for TDAT all wet when he did the shot?

Love the second picture the all black with the skinny tie and the pointy boots. In the other picture at Spooky's you can see how snug those black jeans are and more of Austin love of jewelry.

. . . I'd Be A Divin' Duck said...

^^I love that pic too.

TC Boyle? I actually cheated - had to look it up, so I may be disqualified for a gold star! I haven't read these stories, but am now intrigued. :)

Charlie Poole said...

"If the River Was Whiskey"

If the river was whiskey and I was a duck
I'd dive to the bottom and I'd never come up
Oh, tell me how long have I got to wait?
Oh, can I get you now, must I hesitate?

If the river was whiskey and the branch was wine
You would see me in bathing just any old time
Oh, tell me how long have I got to wait?
Oh, can I get you now, must I hesitate?

I was born in England, raised in France
I ordered a suit of clothes and they wouldn't send the pants
Tell me how long have I got to wait?
Oh, can I get you now, must I hesitate?

I was born in Alabama, I’s raised in Tennessee
If you don't like my peaches, don't shake on my tree
Oh, tell me how long have I got to wait?
Oh, can I get you now, must I hesitate?

I looked down the road just as far as I could see
A man had my woman and the blues had me
Tell me how long have I got to wait?
Oh, can I get you now, must I hesitate?

I ain't no doctor but the doctor's son
I can do the doct'rin' till the doctor comes
Oh, tell me how long have I got to wait?
Oh, can I get you now, must I hesitate?

Got the hesitation stockings, the hesitation shoes
Believe to my Lord, I've got the hesitation blues
Tell me how long have I got to wait?
Oh, can I get you now, must I hesitate?

pink said...

James Franco Enrolled in Queer Cinema Class at NYU

Florida Tom said...

Not surprised NPH didn't win an Emmy, it's just not the kind of show that gets that kind of buzz, but I am kind of shocked at who did win. Oh well, the Emmy's have always marched to a completely different drummer when it comes to handing out awards. Some people never win, others win for years on end.


Normally I would agree Destiny but HIMYM was nominated for Best Comedy series this year. Also Two and a Half Men is a similiar type comedy. I have to say I am happy for John Cryder though. He has paid his dues. Hopefully Neils day will come. NPH got really good reviews for the job he did hosting last night.

Florida Tom said...

Wow James Franco may be the first. Hoped it would be Jake. I do think James is a better actor.

Special K said...

Gold star I'd be a divin duck and Charlie Poole.

It is from the T C Boyle collection of short stories which camee from the Charlie Poole song.

That book was what made me a Boyle fan. Odd, not always understood, Boyle is one of the best modern American short story writers of the last quarter of the 20th century. Check him out if you get a chance.

Boyle does novels,, he did the book Road to Wellvile - the story of Kellogg - much much better than the movie! As well as book that novelized Frank Lloyd Wright's scandalous love life in his book The Women.

Check him out.

Tom as soon as I saw that one picture I knew you would be picking your fav. LOL.

Special K said...

Five minutes into OTH, three shirtless, 2 buck naked and one in his boxerbriefs.

Damn Schwann is trying to make everyone in OTH drinking games pass out before the first commercial.

Well, I'll Be A Divin' Duck said...

As well as book that novelized Frank Lloyd Wright's scandalous love life in his book The Women.

I'll definitely have to check this out - I'm not familiar with him. I do remember the film of The Road to Wellville. Thanks, Spesh!

Me Again said...

Austin looks fantastic - I missed the first few minutes of the show - but that's quite a love story he has going with Brooke, and he made her dinner, that's sexy. Brooke is gorgeous, and that voice. :)

destiny said...

I still haven't watched last weeks episode, but I did watch tonight. Your description really cracks me up Special, but so true! Very different from last year, but I"m not complaining. ;) And my girlfriend, who hasn't really commented too much about Austin one way or another, turned to me after that first scene and said "Austin's gotten hunky".

Special K said...

Julian - sex, cooking, sex. Art imitating life

The stubble - Art imitating George Michael

m said...

This is when Pacific standard time is a detriment.I have to wait another 35 minutes to see the OTH. Drums fingers impatiently.

Recently Ted said if Toothy came out it would be epic. I was thinking about that statement and realized that was a true about 2 years ago, but Jake's fan base and star quotient has fallen so much, I'm not sure it would be such a big deal anymore. I'm not sure it would it even get much press at all.

Special K said...

M - Do you think the word epic could be another hint. Since Bruk keeps calling PoP epic?

House said...

Line from House (TV show)

House: I quit.
Foreman: You CAN'T quit.
House: I think you're confusing me with Jake Gyllenhaal.

:) said...

:)

House said...

'I think you're confusing me with Jake Gyllenhaal' video

oy said...

^^^ Episode "Epic Fail"

Ted said...

Dear Ted:
Watching the red carpet for the Emmys, why is it that they never showed Neil Patrick Harris' partner? They always show the spouses or dates of other actors, but rarely gay partners (Ellen being the exception). Is it that the television media still finds it offensive (in "real" life) or skeptical about showing gay partners? Is it the partner doesn't want to be seen? Or is it like the government's military policy "don't ask, don't tell," where if you don't see it, it won't be offensive [to some]?
—C.B.

Dear How I Met Your Boyfriend:
Bull's-eye on the last sentence.

Awful Truth

Karma said...

Jake + EPIC FAIL

Jinxed again.