Saturday, January 22, 2011

Time ZJones

Jake back in LA yesterday with his handy dandy backpack.

Looks like it was a short trip - no luggage in tow.

And for not going to the gym, he is looking good. Running and farm fresh foods does a body good.


While headed back to LA, Duncan has been steadily working on getting Source Code ready for it's premiere at SXSW's Opening Night, March 11th. With 6 weeks to go the press is starting gear up.

In a interview with ComingSoon.net, Duncan talk about Jake bringing Source Code to him.

CS: You seem to be interested in the notion of the lead character being unsure of who they are. Can you talk about the relation there between "Moon" and "Source Code"?
Jones:
I don't know. I was definitely drawn to the project when I was first [brought up]. It wasn't something I wrote myself. In this case, I had a meeting with Jake about six months to a year before all this started. He had loved "Moon" and was interested in working with me and brought "Source Code" to me. He had it sent to me and I found it really fascinating. I loved the idea of working with him and it kind of just took off from there. As far as that as a theme, it's certainly nothing conscious. It's just something that I think, deep down, intrigues me and was there when I started making the film. But I guess there is a return to the unreliability of who people think they are.

In a previous interview Duncan spoke of Jake wanted to put some humor in the film, and touches on it here again.


CS: How much fun does the movie get to be? Is there much room for levity?
Jones:
That was one of the things that Jake and I were talking about right from the beginning. This could either go very dark or we could try to elevate it and bring some humor into it as much as possible. Jake's performance throughout this is very interesting. When we sort of realized that there was a humor to this whole event that we could bring into it. I get it. Some people don't really think of "Moon" as being that humorous, but I do. I actually find quite a lot of humor in that film. I think in this one as well, there's a lot of humor that comes out, sometimes at inappropriate times. That makes it even funnier to me.

Don't think PoP was the last movie Jake did that was influence by a video game.

There's a shot in "Source Code" where I wanted to get a "Grand Theft Auto" shot. It was appropriate for the moment. I thought it was funny. It's visceral and exciting. It's Jake jumping out of a train and tumbling down a platform. It's something that you could shoot in a really traditional way and that you could cut into a way from to get the coverage. Or you could shoot it "Grand Theft Auto" style and actually see him tumbling down the platform all the way. I wanted to do that shot and it was definitely games influencing my sensibilities.

It's not all fun and game there are some more serious influences to Source Code.

CS: There's a common theme in science fiction of perspective and of returning to an event time and again. What films jump to your mind as having inspired you in the making of "Source Code"?
Jones:It's strange because they're not really obvious ones. Certainly not ones that directly reference that sort of mechanic. There's a lot of Hitchcock and De Palma. We were trying to have the sensibilities of old Hitchcock movies.

CS: You mentioned Brian De Palma, who also has, while it's not science fiction, a lot of characters unsure of their identities.
Jones:
In this case, it wasn't really about films I had seen in the past that made me want to see this film. I think it was about the opportunity to be a bit surreal. To do something where some of my influences were Lucien Freud and a certain period of Picasso cubist paintings. I wanted to create visuals of things that I hadn't seen in film before. I wish I could show you some of the stuff later on because it does get really weird. It was more visual things that I wanted to do. When I was reading the script, I guess I did sense that there were certain scenes reflective of "Moon," but it was really about getting an opportunity to do something visually where I otherwise may never have the chance to do that. So I think, for me, that was the really fun bit.



28 comments:

Ted said...

Who's still hungover from the Golden Globes? Dish today on whether Robert Pattinson really ditched Kristen Stewart to party. And who was Jake Gyllenhaal really cozying up to last weekend? All this and more in a special edition of Truth, Lies & Ted.
video

Florida Tom said...

Maybe Jake went to Nashville to finally tell someone the truth. That would be a nice surprise for all. Wishful thinking most likely.

Special K said...

Just Jared Jr. is reporting Zac Efron went to see Vanessa in NC, and that he was hanging with Sophia and Austin.

JJ Jr.

Wonder if Jared needed to get a mention in the weekend before OTH comes back from their break, because haven't heard boo about it at all.

And Sophia not tweeting about? What's the world coming too.

??? said...

According to some FB sightings, Jake and Taylor were spotted at a Whole foods Wednesday afternoon, and then of course they were spotted having dinner later.

Then on Thuesday and Friday he was spotted solo in Nashville having lunch, coffee, etc and even driving around. Someone posted a twicpic in the previous thread. Taylor and her band left Nashville on Thursday with her band to go to Kansas and then to Mexico according to her fan sites. If so, then it was odd that Jake would hang around there until Friday when she wasn't around.

LOL! said...

Poor SK, still jealous that she can't hang with the cool kids!

prairiegirl said...

Thank you ??? for your FB information. I haven't decided whether or not to venture there yet. Just made the plunge on ol' Twitter and that was enough excitement for one month so far. lol

May need to, though.

HUGE THANKS go out to my bud-dieta M&M!!!!!! M&M literally prevented this one from going ballistic & catatonic over the believed loss of the treasured Buckin video.

Thanks, M&M!!!! I am forever indebted.

Just watched it again. And again. And whoops! Again! Little bit more....rewind just a tad....AGAIN!!!

I am sorry!! But if anyone could walk away and think both of those guys were not flirting with each other for real, you're blind. Blind with eyes wide open.

prairiegirl said...

# Betty Davis Eyes. I'm not sure who sounds more like Rod Stewart. Kim Carnes or Rod Stewart? about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®



Austin.


It's Bette Davis Eyes. not Betty.

Wow, did Aust just barely hear that song for the first time? That thing's a classic. You know, though, he was probably but a tot in Huggies when that song was out. Gotta cut him a break on that one. lol

Kim Carnes had a great voice. More Love. Crazy in the Night.

Another rough one? Bonnie Tyler. Remember:

Turn around bright eyes

**sigh**. Great stuff. Where is all that great stuff?

prairiegirl said...

Gotta go. It's still 32 degrees so hopefully I don't go slicking out anywhere in my boot. I'm going to be in this boot until at least Feb 8.

**sigh**.

Special K said...

Jake was back in LA on Friday so doubtful he was hanging in Nashville just to hang around.

Looks like he is adding up the American Airline miles like Austin does. American has only one daily non stop flight between Nashville and LA. Wed. he wouldn't have gotten in until 4:10 if he got the direct flight. And Friday Ms. Swift had to be doing her show. And she had to do rehearsal and sound check, since it is the first show of her new tour leaving Nashville Thursday would be within reason.

Methodical Muser said...

Just Jared Jr. is reporting Zac Efron went to see Vanessa in NC, and that he was hanging with Sophia and Austin.

Probably, publicity for the January 25th return of OTH, as you suggested, Special. In addiiton to Soapy perhaps auditioning/rehearsing for a new bearding assignment. Remember, she was seen with old Zacky at the Green Hornet Premiere on January 9th, as well. Maybe contract negotiations are in the works since Austin said he wasn't returning for a Season 9, if the show was renewed.

Soapy with Zacky

Methodical Muser said...

HUGE THANKS go out to my bud-dieta M&M!!!!!! M&M literally prevented this one from going ballistic & catatonic over the believed loss of the treasured Buckin video. Thanks, M&M!!!! I am forever indebted.

Well, I wouldn't have wanted you to do something drastic like file a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security. Somehow, I don't think Jake would have appreciated the extra scrutiny. Although, come to think of it, he might have endured the strip search rather well. Never mind that Jake probably would have been idenitified as the only person of interest the very first day. And, not in a good sense, either. LOL!

I would have to agree with both you and Seaweed, though. The loss of this video would have been more than unfortunate. Austin conveys a relaxed, yet completely engaging warmth. Obviously, charmed by Robert's kindness and flirtatiously tactile interaction.

well then said...

Looks like he is adding up the American Airline miles like Austin does. American has only one daily non stop flight between Nashville and LA. Wed. he wouldn't have gotten in until 4:10 if he got the direct flight

LOL you really don't have a life do you. Obsessed and super creepy.

Phil's Eyebrow said...

^^ But I bet she'd be really good on "The Amazing Race"

OTH=garbage said...

So why didn't Jake just leave Nashville Thursday? Taylor and her band left Nashville Thursday and Jake was still there, he left friday.

Seems to me he could have easily took that one direct flight out of Nashville on Thursday instead of wandering around Nashville visiting coffee houses, etc as per fb and twitter.

BTW, Mr. Soapy aka Austin id a moron.

Taster's Choice said...

Well, what else is he gonna do? A movie?

Special K said...

Might not have had a seat available on the Thursday direct flight. Probably more availability for seats going to Nashville, then seat heading to LA. And doubt that Jake was flying coach. First class has only 8 seats on a 738.

LOL! said...

Bull. He has nothing else to do that's why he was hanging around. I would assume he got a round trip ticket, therefore there would be a direct seat available even if it was a coach. Are you saying that Jake is such a snob that he wouldn't fly coach? Especially when he has no reason to saty in Nashville for an extra day since Taylor and her band left on Thursday.

It seems to me he would be anxious to get home to his cabbage patch kid!

prairiegirl said...

And just what exactly is the point of your argument, Jack?



21:39, you have no idea who you're messing with, do you? No, actually, you probably do, that's why you continue to monitor OMG.

Let me tell you something. One of these days....one of these days....the accumulation of facts, comparative shopping and "checking out" done by Special and M&M will be revealed and acknowledged.

You have no idea what you're ridiculing. It's hilarious, actually and I derive intense pleasure from it right now even as I write.

Come fly with me said...

Are you saying that Jake is such a snob that he wouldn't fly coach?

I'm sure the princess flies first class. His contact with the general public must remain minimal and controlled at all times. Plus, he's a terrible flier, as he admits himself. Jake's going to make sure he has the best experience possible.

prairiegirl said...

Well, all I have to say is if Mr. G was indeed "stuck" in Nashville for a day with nothing more to do than wander around coffee shops and window shop, hopefully it could have provided plenty of time to contemplate, reflect and just plain ol' "think". Think, Boy, think!!

Unfortunately, there probably could've been a La-Z-Boy slapped down on the sidewalk for him, complete with an end table and cup holder for his endless mug of Java to provide plenty of mulling over and Jake still would continue to insult those who pay to see his movies by his behavior.

Nope, probably wouldn't make a difference at all.

You know, if he & Austin have a plan...got something in the works eventually soon to end this nonsense, I can still cut 'em some slack because of the reasons for whom I think they're doing it. But if they plan on hiding those kids even when they start preschool & elem. school, then I will still be here but only as one determined to wear the sandwich board and wave the banner on them. They will have lost the support by then.

But darned if I would go away and let it go un-trumpeted.

Okay, looks like everyone has hit the hay. Guess I ought to think about that, too.


BTW Tom, I look at your avatar and wow, I keep thinking of that movie. That's a great avatar, buddy!

destiny said...

Led Zeppelin rules!!!!!

destiny said...

Odd that the bit about seeing Soapy and her boy toy was only on JJ Jr., there was a post about Zac in NC with Vanessa on JJ that didn't mention them.

LOL! said...

"21:39, you have no idea who you're messing with, do you? No, actually, you probably do, that's why you continue to monitor OMG."

I'm afraid that your opinion of the power and influence of OMG is rather exaggerated. LOL!!

FBI agent said...

monitor OMG? paranoia much?

LOL! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
prairiegirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swill said...

those last two pics are from 7 January, arriving at LAX from NYC.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/01/07/jake-gyllenhaal-los-angeles-arrival/

prairiegirl said...

Um, there's something to that, I just don't know what. lol


I reckon there are some waking up today with a Jake-hate hangover this morning. I need to lay off of that some. I don't hate him. Don't even dislike him. Somewhere inside is this thin thread still praying that these two guys (J&A) make a wise decision soon to stop hiding their family. At this point? That's the only thing I see that's going to salvage whatever is left of Jake's fandom.

I just get mad at the lying and the way Jake is now giving the middle finger to those who he is selling his movies and image to. Because that's what he's doing.

And the other thing that is now irritating me after watching the hate just continue to heap upon Jake (and I have certainly been a part of it, don't deny it at all), is that Austin escapes all of this.

Austin is watching his guy just sacrifice. Sacrifice his career. Sacrifice his image & reputation. He may be watching people on the internet say awful things about his guy like what I've seen two times on Just Jared comments and that is that this "person" wishes Jake were the one deceased instead of Heath.

How absolutely awful is that? That's going entirely too far and I can't believe that J Eng guy left those 2 comments up.

It is at this point when this entire plan becomes totally detrimental to themselves and their kids. Whose best interest is really being served here? Nobody's. Absolutely nobody's.