Thursday, April 21, 2011

Two Takes in the City

Austin in Grand Central Station.
(Behind the camera)


Austin in Grand Central Station
(Front of the camera via @tiffanypehaut)
"@aus10nichols , my little sister and I at the grand central station in NY !! nice ! Austin is so cool !! "

What makes the difference? The Choo Choo Trains?

Austin and trains.....hmmmm..... do you think he was whistling "Morning Train"? ; )

Austin's been getting a lot of praise for his directing, and it came from a lot hard work.

Austin admitted to Zap2It, in a interview with him and Mark Schawhn, that when he first got the script he was wary. "To be honest with you, I was a little disappointed. They call it a 'clip show' -- where you flash back to various moments in the series -- and I was kind of disappointed that I wouldn't get to direct an entire episode. The episode ended up being a lot more than a clip show, though."

Austin "didn't take any shortcuts. He watched the older material so that he could design transitions into and out of the flashbacks. He even went back to the old dailies from when the scenes were shot, years ago, to examine all the footage in the vault. 'We wanted to make the scenes feel new,' he says. 'It's really about the fans who have been with the show for 8 years and kind of presenting them with this reminder of how far the characters have come.'

'We had long conversations about character and intention,' Schwahn adds. 'He just walked out on the rope and put on a great show. He's got a nice knack for it and communicates really well. I was proud of him, I'm proud of that episode.'

And what's next for Julian? Looks like he's going to mad. " 'To see Julian get upset and get angry and get aggressive was a breath of fresh air,' Schwahn says. 'To hear him raise his voice is so rare. He's so supportive and so solid and so sweet to Brooke that it's nice to see him blow up a little bit.'"

and one more hint about the finale

"There's a scene in the finale that's just me," he tells us. "It was a really emotional moment for Julian, he's alone, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off, but ultimately I think it was some of the best work I've done in my career. I'm hoping that it comes across as well on screen as it felt in the moment, but it's something I'm very proud of."
...

Jake getting Arty in the Streets

WSJ caught up with Jake's visit to the Geffen Contemporary at MOCA in LA when he attended the artist's opening last week for Art in the Streets.

Doing the East Coast look (black on black) Jake ran into former Donnie Darko co-star Seth Rogan.

(Those playing Six Degrees of Jake, Seth was in Observe and Report Jake's next co-star Michael Pena)

29 comments:

Music Lover said...

Wow, exciting post today. Jake and Austin look great, love the shot of Grand Central Station. I missed Austin's directorial debut, and would love to see it. It sounds like he did extremely well from the comments! What music did he use? I'd be interested to read about it.

Speaking of trains, I happened to see Unstoppable last night and it was just amazing.

Florida Tom said...

^^^ said...
In a new video for James Duke Mason's 'Trailblazer' campaign, actor Chad Allen talks about being forced out of the closet as a young actor, the fear he experienced when his relationship was spread across the tabloids, and the plots that were hatched behind-the-scenes to hide it.

Allen ultimately decided to just come out. Now he's challenging other actors to do so as well.

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/04/chadallen.html

Everyone has to listen to this video. How refreshing. How wonderful. Chad allen is a amazing young man and hero.

Special K said...

Austin always looks like he has a great time meeting his fans. I haven't seen anyone who's met him say anything but how nice he is.

He does look like he got a bit of trim since his drag down the red carpet. And is it me or does his beard look little lighter than it did last season? Adventures in hair color.

The three pictures I chose of Austin are from each of the three season (in order) just to see the transition from when smarmy Julian showed up to get Peyton back to now, Julian married dude.

yawwn said...

Nobody cares, Special. Nobody.

kettle said...

You do Jack. You're always here.

Special K said...

Hey Music Lover and anyone else who missed Austin's episode and wants to see it.

The CW puts up the full episode online. Check their website next few days/next week to see when it gets put up.

The CW: OTH Full Episodes

not jackie said...

That makes no sense.

WTF Ke$ha is Jake Gyllenhaal? said...

ruzkin
Oh lord. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFWX0hWCbng At 0:49, Ke$ha is Jake Gyllenhaal.

And at 2:32. Has anyone ever actually seen Ke$ha and Jake Gyllenhaal in a room together?

prairiegirl said...

Well, well. Has the prodigal son returned home?

prairiegirl said...

You do Jack. You're always here.

lol

prairiegirl said...

Hey, I'm just excited to have finally found Sweet Tart Jelly Beans tonight at my local Walgreens. Sweet Tart Jelly Beans have been extremely hard to find this Easter season. I was beginning to feel a little wistful so I bought 4 bags!! LOL After making a few little Easter baskets, there ought to still be plenty left over. For ME!!!!

lol

Although, my cubemate bought me a bag of Nerds Jelly Beans for my birthday. Those have sufficed quite sufficiently, I must say. They are excellent and are highly recommended for those with a penchant for the bean eau jelly.

It is indeed very sad when one must explain Nerds to an unfortunate, unenlightened, deprived soul. How does one explain the wonder of Nerds or Sweet Tarts for that matter? Sweet Tarts!!!!!

;D

Aw, you gotta love it.

Special K said...

Austin's back in LA.

The President came to see me speak tonight. Uhh, at this moment he was talking to someone else. http://twitpic.com/4ntg4v
19 minutes ago


From the time it looks like it is from the DNC event at Sony studios.

prairiegirl said...

I'm following Adam Lambert on Twitter now. I love a lot of his tweets - the guy has a lot of Sass!!

I know. I'm always a day late & a dollar short. But I just love that song Aftermath. And actually I have 3 of his songs downloaded now, two of which you named, Dest. But I also love Fever. That song is hot.

Get a load of this one, LOL. He tweeted this today - this is for you & I, Dest. I guess he told me. LOL.

adamlambert Adam Lambert
Goatee. Don't like it? Suck it! :)
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Special K said...

Looks like Jeremy Renner is the new Bourne.

IndieWire

the real m said...

Just a quick drop by. Buried at work today. I think I'll add Adam Lambert to my twitter list to follow. Thanks for the tip PG. Isn't Austin's birthday coming up? I cant remember the date. Shame on me.

the real m said...

I forgot to mention. Duncan Jones mentioned Colin Quinn's "The long and the short of it" on his twitter the other day. It was on HBO so we watched it. Hilarious. If you get a chance to watch it, do so. I have not laughed that much in a long time.

tweet said...

Chris Grant
I had sex with Jake Gyllenhaal last night, and it was amazing. Then I woke up.

Well helloooo Jake said...

Nice Biceps

prairiegirl said...

Love the uniform. Love the low-slung belt.

But can't stand the shaved head!!!

Special K said...

"But can't stand the shaved head!!!"

To quote another LAPD officer - Pep Streebeck aka Tom Hanks from Dragnet (the movie)

"Hey kids, it grows back."

Shiver Me Timbers said...

Oh my. Luuuuuv the shaved head and big guns on Jake in uniform. :)

Inspired casting for Bourne too - I didn't think of Jeremy Renner, but he's perfect.

Special K said...

I think Jake shaving his head makes him look younger and fits with Pena who has such a baby face in this picture. They look more like young cops out to change things than longtime partners in the force.

But Jake's arms --oh my!

the real m said...

I'm not a fan of the shaved head. I wonder when this was taken. He had a full head of hair the other day. Could just be a wig. I cant imagine he would shave his head this far ahead of when filming starts. But then again his hair does grow like a weed.

Special K said...

Promotional pictures for the movie were taken yesterday in LA.

He probably shaved it yesterday morning before the shoot.

prairiegirl said...

Yeah, I've already seen a few Oh nooooo's on Twitter in reaction to the picture.

I think it's shaved to give him a tougher look, the Jarhead Marine look. I think the cut he had when he came back to L.A. and had those Atticus pictures with the hi & tight on the sides but thick on top was the hottest look he's had in awhile.

But what do the females know, huh?

Special K said...

I like the High and Tight on Jake too.

I do have to wonder if they are going to shave it for part of the movie and let it grow in some, because they have to show progression of time in the movie, and made that's one way they might do it in such a short shoot. Just a thought.

prairiegirl said...

That's true, Special, a good point; I didn't think of that.

Special K said...

and made that's one way they might do it in such a short shoot. Just a thought.

that should be:

and maybe that's one way they might do it in such a short shoot.

prairiegirl said...

Boy, a damp, off & on rainy, cool day today in the Sunflower State. I suppose it's fitting for Good Friday, huh?

I met little Violet, an 8 month old Westie this morning on my walk. She was the cutest little thing, very friendly. Man, I love Westies, just love them to death. Violet, lol. Cute name for a dog. Reminds me of Peanuts and the little girl named Violet. Her daddy apologized because she had wet paws but I said np, I'll be in for it this weekend as I watch mr. Kirby and his sissy crazy little Maizie. Used to it - comes with the territory!