Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We Got the Beat

Since Jake was on the beat yesterdayand Austin beat it to NYC to hang out at The Randolph and enjoyed libations and conversations...it's singer and songwriters edition of OMG

British songstress Adele talked today about how she had submitted a song for the LoAD soundtrack and was devastated when she didn't make the cut.She told The Sun[UK], "I really wanted to have the soundtrack for Love And Other Drugs. I was in for a good shot but I submitted the wrong song. I love that kind of movie. Maybe next time."

And it's even tougher for OTH theme song("I Don't Want to Be")writer, OTH musical guest star, singer Gavin DeGraw, who was severely beaten up by a group of guys in NYC and then hit by a cab as he stumbled away from the attack early Monday morning. Gavin has been touring with Jake and Austin's mutual friends Maroon 5 this summer.

You want to think RoboCop but all you hear is the theme to Inspector Gadget.

Replacing the batteries should give him another 3 hours of crime fighting either that or his junk will buzz for a week, I can't remember.

It's Two Wheel Tuesday and it looks like Austin's has influenced his co-stars to join him. Check out Jana's new bike.

9 comments:

AUS10 said...

One of my favorite flicks by Peter Bogdanovich. Novel by Larry McMurtry. http://say.ly/DUVzJ2
3 hours ago

Special K said...

OTH has switched nights and is now on Mondays and not Tuesdays.

Sass, if you want to see the episode you can watch it online at TheCW.com

8.18 Quiet Little Voices

Special K said...

I can see why Austin like's Last Picture Show, besides being a great movie, it's a coming of age story in Texas.

Great performances from so many of that cast.

Twitter said...

metru Metru Ma'at Hotep
Whoo Hoo!!! Just got a call...going to do a new television show...guess who the director is? Jake and Maggie Gyllenhall's dad!! #2-2
22 hours ago

the real m said...

Oh no, I did not realize OTH was back already. I will have to wait for the rerun now unless its gets posted on line. Or was it a rerun?

Hate to be a downer but lots of problems at home last few days. My mother in law passed away. She was 95 and in failing health last couple weeks so it was very much expected. Family is actually relieved that it is over and that she can now rest in peace. My sister, who is quite a bit older than me, has developed a serious disease. In the hospital several times but again this week. I need to visit her before year end. Suddenly it seems that lots of people I know have some health issue or another. A byproduct of getting old I guess.

Special K said...

M, sorry to hear of your loss. It is still tough, but it is comforting to know she is better place.

Will keep you and your sister in my thoughts and prayers. It does sometimes that everything happens all at once.

About OTH, it is still in reruns, new episodes of the show won't start until Jan 2012.

destiny said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and your mother in law M.

destiny said...

I"m really enjoying the music today. Is this a new song?

twitter said...

@caass19: #overheardonset @RobEBuckley to @AUS10NICHOLS "You dont follow me on twitter? Ur such a turd and so selfish! You're prob a terrible lover!"