Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Coop'd up

Jake has spoken about his former co-star Chris Cooper before and the advice he gave him when Jake was just starting out as in actor,


Chris Cooper once told me to never have any regrets. After Chris said that to me, I walk into every scene thinking, 'exhaust every possibility.' Once you get to a certain place, it's like you just deliver everything you've got. Don't have any regrets. It pops up in my mind over and over and over again.

Even this year at TIFF Jake mentioned the advice the man who once played his father gave him.

Most thought Jake was just reminiscing but actually it might have been a little hint about his new movie.

Deadline has exclusively confirmed that Chris Cooper has now joined the cast of Demolition. No word on who Cooper's character is or his relationship to Jake's character. The Jean-Marc Vallee movie begins film in New York next week.

Demolition will be the third time Jake and Chris have worked together.  Most remember Cooper as Jake's dad in October Sky,  while some may have forgotten that Cooper played Lt. Col. Kazinski in Jarhead. 


Will "Jake" tweet about his new co-star?  Well someone might, but not Jake.  Here's Jake at TIFF talking to Vanity Fair about how he doesn't have a clue who is tweeting as him.







6 comments:

Special K said...

Study Suggests Hollywood Is Not So Gay-Friendly

A survey of 5,700 SAG-AFTRA members has found that more than half of lesbian, gay and bisexual performers “have heard directors and producers make anti-gay comments about actors” and that “53% of LGBT respondents believed that directors and producers are biased against LGBT performers.” The study (read it here), conducted by UCLA’s LGBT think tank Williams Institute and funded by the SAG-Producers Industry Advancement and Cooperative Fund, will be presented formally tonight during simultaneous guild town hall meetings in L.A. and NYC.

The study also found that more than a third of respondents reported that they had witnessed “disrespectful treatment” to LGBT performers on the set. Almost one in eight of non-LGBT performers reported witnessing discrimination against LGBT performers, including anti-gay comments by crew, directors and producers.

“We found that LGBT performers may have substantial barriers to overcome in their search for jobs,” said the authors of the study, M. V. Lee Badgett, a Williams Institute Distinguished Scholar and Director of the Center for Public Policy and Administration, and Jody L. Herman, manager of Transgender Research at the Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law.

Read the rest of the article on Deadline.com

destiny said...

Boy is that a depressing study. I wonder if the respondents were talking about recent incidents, or things that may be a few years in the past. A few years can make such a big difference in these things.

Florida Tom said...

I am sure that Gay in Hollywood does not equate with money still.

Special K said...

The survey found that “while 53% of lesbian and gay actors were out to all or most of their fellow actors, only 36% are out to all or most agents they know, and only 13% of actors are out to all or most industry executives.” The survey also found that “bisexual men are the least likely to be out professionally among all LGB people, but these findings suggest that they still experience discrimination despite their attempts to keep their sexual orientation hidden.”

My question is, what kind of rock are those studio exec living under?

Seaweed said...

Hold the phone here !

Did I not just hear Jake Gyllenhaal in the featured interview with Vanity Fair make the following statement about his recent excursions...

"My excursions have to be a lot shorter now."

In the interview video, it was like someone just threw an eraser at me and hit me in the head as I heard him speak those words.

What say the rest of you ?

prairiegirl said...

Hey, that's a great catch, Seaweed. I haven't listened to the interview as yet.


I do have some sad doggie news of which I learned tonight. Rotten Little Jingles passed away on Monday night, his mama told me today. Rotten Little Jingles had gone to live with her sister up in Nebraska because her niece got so attached to him. So I never saw the lil' guy again.

He was 16 years old. lol. I told his mama that I thought he was going to live forever. He survived a broken leg and the swallowing of a big bottle of vitamins which cost $500 to pump his stomach out. Ornery little cuss. And he wouldn't take a pill for nothing. Doggone dog - I remember him spitting those things out the very first time I watched him.

But he was loving and he was so happy every time you got home, like he hadn't seen you for a month.

I think Jingles is the last of all my original dog charges to pass on. I'm on a whole second generation now.


Well, off to beddie bye. My job is kicking my a**. Practically living there.

But I can say that I've added two more countries to our little United Nations. I met a very nice gentleman from Brazil, although he moved to the States 6 months ago and an engineer from the Dominican Republic. The accents you hear all the time are just awesome.